*** Disclosure: The statements below have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat cure or prevent any sickness or disease. Please reach out to a medical professional for any medical advice.***
- Castor oil can be used to speed up and increase hair growth! For luscious eyelashes and eyebrows apply a thin layer of castor oil every night and within a few weeks, you will begin to see a change!
- Castor oil packs have been used to help your body detox! It has been said that wrapping a very warm towel soaked in castor oil around your ribs for 15-20 minutes can help remove toxins from your body.
- One of the reasons we love castor oil here at Kiss Naturals is that castor oil is a fantastic moisturizer! Next time your running low on lotion try switching to castor oil as a natural alternative!
- Due to the ricinoleic acid found in castor oil, this oil also has some pretty impressive anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown, that by applying castor oil topically participates saw a reduction in inflammation and pain. That's amazing right?!
- Since castor oil has been said to reduce inflammation, it is often used in natural treatment and management of arthritis.
- Looking for a natural alternative to conventional stretch mark creams? Why not try out castor oil! Castor oil helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks and various skin conditions in general. To do this apply castor oil directly to your stretch marks and you can even place a warm towel over the area for about 20 minutes for the oil to penetrate deeper.
- Got acne? Castor oil is here to save the day! Castor oil draws out dirt, dead skin cells, bacteria, and even extra oil directly from your face. Wash your face as normal. Then apply castor oil to your skin and leave it on overnight. Regularly adding castor oil to your face washing routine can benefit your skin in so many ways!
Caution Note: Castor oil is a natural oil and is safe when used in a limited amount. However, with everything, there are a few safety notes that need to be mentioned.
- Castor oil can induce labor, if you’re pregnant stay away from castor oil altogether or please consult your doctor.
- Castor oil can cause allergic reactions, just take precaution and sample a small amount of castor oil onto your skin. Wait 24 hours before continuing use to ensure that you are not allergic or sensitive to castor oil.
- Castor oil is a laxative and taking too much could mean getting diarrhea.
Those are all the fun facts and uses on castor oil that we have today. If we missed any please comment them down below! For more fun facts, tutorials, and all natural DIY kits please check out the rest of our website. Lastly, follow us on social media @kissnaturals to stay up to date on all the fun things we have in store!