Inexpensive, healthy and versatile; coconut oil can do it all! Today, we are diving into all the uses and surprising facts about coconut oil. After this blog post, you can officially consider yourself a coconut oil connoisseur!
Oh, the beloved coconut oil!
*** Disclosure: The statements below have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat cure or prevent any sickness or disease. Please reach out to a medical professional for any medical advice.***
- Coconut oil is a classified superfood due to its unique combination of fatty acids!
- Coconut oil is your one-stop beauty shop! It can be used as a lotion, a hair mask, facial wash (oil cleansing method), deodorant, makeup remover and even for dental hygiene.
- Oil pulling is a method of dental hygiene where you swish coconut oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes and it has been proven to kill bacteria, remineralize teeth and reduces tooth decay. Pretty neat!
- Coconuts have been used by Asian and Pacific Rim countries for thousands of years. The coconut meat was used for food, the leaves were used to weave baskets, and the flowers from the coconut trees were used to make sap for syrup.
- In the 1950s housewives loved to use butter and coconut oil for their cooking and baking needs.
- Coconut oil did have a decline in popularity when studies were published stating that all saturated fat cause heart disease. It was later discovered that these studies used refined and hydrogenated coconut oil which has often times been stripped of nutrients.
- The healthiest and most beneficial form of coconut oil to buy is unrefined, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil. This is coconut oil that is in its closest to natural form and is jam pack with benefits!
- Around your home, you can use coconut oil in DIY soap recipes, to polish wood furniture, soften real leather and so much more!
Coconut oil truly is a multipurpose product that can help improve your health, your home, and your beauty routine! Let us know on our social media how you use coconut oil. Tag us on our Instagram (@Kissnaturals) or on Facebook/kissnaturals. For more fun facts, freebies, and tutorials, check out the rest of our blog!